You can be rest assured that each handcrafted home is built to promote energy conservation by using environmentally-friendly construction materials. Thus, reducing the impact on our environment, resulting in long-lasting cost-saving benefits to you. However, at Van Metre Homes, we go above and beyond what most Builders do. We start with the land.
You can take pride in knowing that we own and develop most of our communities, so that we can control the surrounding environment of our homes. We wanted to preserve nature, allow for tree save areas, enhance waterways, create trail systems and provide a place you could call home for generations to come.
The Van Metre EcoSystem creates a better community and living experience for both you and the environment. Our creed is to Create, Conserve and Protect.
Van Metre’s own cost-saving design innovations include:
- House Wrap Weather-Resistant Barrier on exterior walls
- Advanced framing techniques
- Air barrier and sealing
- R-38 Ceiling insulation in all homes
- PlyGem Low-E insulated glass vinyl windows
- Energy-Saving Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) bulbs
- Building green appliances: Refrigerators & Dishwashers (standard), Washers & Dryers (optional)
- Engineered wood products used for subfloors and floor joists
- Bath faucets with flow rate of 2.2 gallons per minute (versus industry standard of 2.5 GPM)
- Landscapes utilizing local native plants
- LOW VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) paints, sealants and finishes
- Hardwired smoke and carbon detectors
- 410A refrigerant in central air conditioning systems
- Construction site recycling of wood, cardboard, and scrap metals reducing the volume of trash going to landfills
- Green rated Taexx and Borate utilized for Termite control